Drop through longboard vs top mount
Are you a new skateboarder? Then you may be confused about which board is best for you. A right board searching is not such an easy job. Even it can be tough to decide drop through longboard or top board, which one will be a better choice for you?
Do you worry too much? We are here to remove your hesitation. We are going to discuss drop through longboard vs. top mount. This article will help you to know about the basic things of both kinds of boards. Even it will help you to decide which board will be best for you.
The drop-down longboard has two different parts. One is drop-through longboard, and another is drop deck longboard. The drop-through longboards are specially designed for providing excellent stability in the lower ground platform. As a result, these boards are ideal for sliding and cruising.
These boards come with a completely new style, that is why the rider feels comfortable to ride on these boards. Compare to the other drop deck longboard a drop-through board provides much more stability; as a result, it becomes popular enough over the past few years. For this reason, the skaters who are practicing cruising prefer to go with the drop through boards.
Drop-through longboard comes with flexible design, unique construction, and it is quite light in weight also. In fact, this skateboard stands out from all other boards is available in the market.
The placement of drop-through longboard tricks is really an amazing feature which enables a rider to bring close to the ground.
Features of drop-through longboard
- Drop-through boards are quite stable at high speed.
- It is very lightweight and easy to push. It is one of the main reasons that professional skaters prefer drop-through boards.
- Extremely comfortable board.
- It offers minimal responsiveness and best drop through trucks; that is why it is an excellent option for any professional skater.
When we want to compare one product to another, knowing the advantage and disadvantage is very important. You can follow the bellow list of drop-through longboard pros and cons to decide whether you should buy it or not.
Pros of drop-through longboard
- Unique design attracts almost all skaters. It comes with a variety of styles and tricks. A drop-through board usually use for cruising. This board is specially designed to match the cruising style at high speed.
- It has a shallow platform which provides better stability during skater ride on it with high speed.
- You can easily push the speed and maintain the control as per your needs.
- Drop-through board is suitable for any types of skateboarder because it provides more flexibility than others.
- This board is also suitable for low-speed carving.
- It is an excellent choice for free skateboarders who enjoy sliding on their longboard.
Cons of drop-through longboard
- As the drop-through longboard is quite flexible, it is not strong enough in the range of your distributed weight on it.
- It is specially designed for carving and cruising, and that is why it is not ideal for all types of skaters.
- The drop-through longboard has a unique structural establishment, so it is much driftier. As a result, it is not stable on various platforms.
- The lower deck design of drop-through longboard does not allow you to achieve sharpest turns.
- It is tough to maintain a proper grip on the field with the drop-through board.
The top mount longboard is another exceptional board which is also quite popular in the market. This variety of board has trucks mounted directly under the board. Plenty of features make the board more responsive and maneuverable.
Trust me; when you ride the board, you will enjoy all these attractive features. You are allowed to put your almost entire weight on the truck directly. As a result, the trucks sharply turn while you ride. Besides, comparing with the other board in the market, the top mount offer you have a better grip. Are you looking for the best racing longboard? Definitely, you searching are going to finish near at top mount. Let us see the list of amazing features of top mount longboard.
Features of top mount longboard
- Whether you are going for casual riding or a race, top mount longboard will provide you a safe and sound ride.
- As the board is suitable at speed at the time, nimble cruisers will like it.
- It is a great option for professional longboarder because it has the most responsive tricks.
- We have discussed all the positive and negative sides of both skateboards. Hope you get a better idea on them and can make a great choice while buying any one of these longboards.
Drop through longboard vs. top mount- which one is the best?
We have discussed all the positive and negative sides of both skateboards. Hope you get a better idea on them and can make a great choice while buying any one of these longboards.
But to determine which is the best between drop through and top mount longboard, it is essential to say that both are the best.
You need to decide first why you want to buy a board because individually they are best suited to meet your different needs. How? Let us see.
- For cruising and dancing
If you want to buy a longboard for cruising and dancing, then the top mount will be the best choice because it is responsive, nimble, and carved nicely according to your requirements.
But if you find yourself to push much then, you should go for drop through longboard because it is much comfortable on a rough road.
- For downhill and free ride
If you want to go down the road, then you may need more grip and skill. The top mount can provide the right grip for any sharp turns. So, again top mount will be the best choice for downhill and free ride.
3. For beginner’s use
Though it is tough to decide which board will be the best for the beginner as they are not enough to experience to use any skateboard, we recommend top mount again for them. Top mount longboard is an all-rounder board which provides an easy time for pushing and cruising and increase stability.
4. Difference in trucks
The construction of the drop-through longboard is ideal for providing differences in trucks.
Drop through longboard vs. top mount- it is a never-ending discussion. As we already said that, picking up the best board is not such an easy job, you must get confused here. That is why we recommended you to pick your right board intellectually. As a beginner, you should choose the top mount at first. Once you become experienced and skilled enough also then go for the next option, drop-through longboard.